Thursday, July 24, 2014

Who has the #1 album on Bilboard's 200 finally after all these years?

...This Guy!
I've been a fan of Weird Al's since I saw him perform "My Lasagna" live on some late-night show. I admit, there are some songs that are too far in left field even for me ("Waffle King" comes to mind), but his polka-compilations are pure genius. His parodies (like "I Wanna New Duck")? Genius. His self-described style-pieces (like "Dare to Be Stupid" - an original song that captures the essence of the Devo sound)? Genius. 
The man is a genius, and deserves this accomplishment. 
I've seen his "8 videos in 8 days" promoting this album, and while "Foil" is a perfect example of his humor, "Word Crimes" is the perfect example of his talent. The creative talent behind these videos deserve a lot of credit too.
So it you haven't yet, see the videos - available on his website, as well as YouTube. I also recommend his movie - UHF - which is no longer streamable on Netflix...the basterds!

No comments:

Post a Comment