Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Wait...what's that? AoS casting news..?

This is the first casting news I've heard about Season 2 of AoS, (the first of many I'm sure given this weekend) and it is this:
Lucy Lawless has signed on.
I'm not alone in wishing DC wised up long, long ago during an age of gods, warlords and kings and put her in their Wonder Woman franchise. It still stings, but since Whedon's moved on to an "Earth's Mightiest Heroes-type thing" I've let it slide...barely.
I've seen Lawless in less Xena-esque performances - some episodes of Spartacus, an episode of Burn Notice (which was quite good), and 2003's Tarzan series. Here's the thing: she's much more captivating as a villain.
So who's she playin'? My guess is they'll reveal that over this weekend. Speculation right now ranges from Female Thor (yeah right...not until after Avengers 2 at least) to another Asgardian (presumably Enchantress). While I have nothing against her playing an Asgardian (Lady Loki'd be my pick), Asgard is low on Coulson's priority list right now. He needs to get his s#!t together and his house in order. I'm not sure what the legality issues are, but I see only two possible roles - 
 Viper,
and Madame Masque.
Either way, she's gonna be a BAMF to Coulson's team. 
Can't freakin' wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment