Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Now, a question about SDCC 2014...

...was DC even there?
Yes, there was a lot of stuff from their television department. A lot of stuff. Constantine, Flash, Arrow, Gotham. No question they showed up. As for comics, yeah - 
Batman had a birthday.
As for animation, I've heard and read nothing about anything coming. Not saying there isn't something, but if there is..?
Now for film, I'll give them credit...okay, big credit, for this:
a fantastic picture...but it's, well, just a picture!
They also had this...
...which was cool...
...but then there was a bunch of stuff about Warner Brothers' upcoming films. Not DC's, WB's.

uhh...WTF?
We didn't get confirmation of The Rock as Shazam...or if we did, it's been kept pretty quiet. And that schedule we were given last month of DC films through 2018? Remember that? 'Cause DC didn't.
And this is my biggest problem with DC in general: they're giving fans what they want...not what the fans want. Need proof? Look at the New 52. Did any of us ask for that? I really don't think so. I know I didn't. To paraphrase Tony, DC has been historically not awesome.
But I am still interested in seeing this film...whenever they get around to showing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment