Sunday, October 27, 2013

First Impressions - AoS: 'Girl in the Flower Dress'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
That will happen over the summer after my purchase of the Blu-ray.
I've put my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once after the jump.
You've been warned...
Episode 5: 'Girl in the Flower Dress'
The Good: During the car chase, I kept thinking "where the heck is May and why isn't she stopping him?" Then I saw where she was. That whole sequence in the apartment felt like it came right out of the comics. Bravo.
* Coulson's smirk as he drove. Even Mrs. Adorkification caught that one.
* The look Ward gave the prisoner. Seal Team Six indeed. Again - Mrs. Adorkification pointed it out to me...with laughter.
* I've got a fever...and the only prescription...is more pissed Coulson!
* I also liked the team's interaction with other agents. Any chance we'll see Sitwell soon?
* New character with powers = cool, but... 
The Bad: ...ENOUGH WITH THE NOBODIES AND MINIMALLY RECOGNIZABLE CHARACTERS! Someone needs to tell Jeph Loeb that this isn't Heroes...a show about characters with powers based on comic book characters...but a show ACTUALLY ABOUT COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS!
* Really? A six-foot-two spy keeping an eye on the target is surprised he's made? Ward's pretty easy to spot when all the extras in the shot are five-foot-eleven or less!
The WTF?: I get it. The "secret organization" behind Centipede is the main arc of the season. And that's fine. But would it kill anyone to give us a f**king name? Like The Secret Empire, THEM, or god-forbid an organization that's already been established in the films?
Adorkification Moment: Everything I've said so far this season that pisses me off would be forgotten if I could get more Marvel film references...like Coulson's use of the "door opener" from Iron Man...

No comments:

Post a Comment