Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday Movie Roundup...10/7/2013

Looks like it was a good weekend overall...
Chris Hemsworth's latest has reached the breaking even point and then some, 
bringing in over $48 million worldwide.
And don't forget,
thirty-two days and counting...
Scarlett Johansson's (and possible future Iron Man if I had my way Joseph Gordon-Levitt's) latest
has more than doubled it's cost, with over $17 million worldwide in the bank.
Now for a double dose of Batman:
Gravity took the top spot for the weekend, making almost $83 million worldwide in three days.
I'm sure it will pay back it's $100 million budget by week's end.
Runner Runner, Ben Affleck's last hurrah before donning the cowl, cost $30 million to make.
It made roughly $7.6 million in the States, 
and about $23.4 million in the Foreign market?
WTF?
So all told, the film took in an estimated $31 million.
Keep that chin up Affleck. 
I'm not saying you can't play the Dark Knight...
...I just can't fathom the how...
...but I'll pay to see it anyways.
Now to correct an oops on my part:
Yesterday, I talked about Fox's new deal with Boom! Studios.
I thought Fox was the production company behind Boom!'s first movie project 2 Guns.
I found out this morning that it was Universal Studios.
My bad, but I still think that Fox is doing right by comic creators
and hope that the deal proves fruitful for all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment