Saturday, October 5, 2013

A word about Wilburys...

I was thinking recently about one of my favorite bands of all time...
...The Traveling Wilburys.
Bob Dylan, Jeff Lynne, Tom Petty, George Harrison and Roy Orbison. 
Together. 
I've heard of musicians creating cover bands and playing hits, but just think of what you could do with this.
In my mind, I'm George, and we'd play not just Wilbury hits but also some singles...
"Rainy Day Women #12 and 35"
"Don't Bring Me Down"
""You're So Bad"
"All Those Years Ago"
and of course,
"Pretty Woman".
We'd might even get away with some Beatles stuff...
...maybe.
Then I started thinking: "Who else would could be a Wilbury?"
Definitely.
Absolutely.
Would have been awesome.
See, at first I thought yes...but he drinks alone, so no.
Then I thought: "What's the criteria?"
Well, Wilburys should be guitar players.
So that sadly means...
...nope...
...nope...
...and nope.
I would, however, include bass players. So...
...yes...
...and yes.
Okay, but what about...?
Not laid back enough.
Any other musicians?
Definitely.
Possibly.
Without question.
Absolutely.
The youngest of the bunch, but yes.
I could go on for days, but I think I'll just put in my old cassettes of Volumes 1 & 3...
...and start enjoying my vacation.


No comments:

Post a Comment