Wednesday, November 27, 2013

First Impressions - AoS: 'The Well'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
That will happen over the summer after my purchase of the Blu-ray.
I've put my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once after the jump.
You've been warned...
Episode 8: 'The Well'
The Good: Peter MacNicol. Loved him in Ghostbusters 2 and Addams Family Values. And having him a "regular" Asgardian citizen? Awesome!
* I liked how May handled herself after touching the staff. Very cool.
* The whole May/Ward thing. Wasn't expecting it...and that's a good thing. 
The Bad: Agent Ward. He's obviously upset about something in his past. Is he angry that he was forced to do nothing? Is he feeling guilty about doing nothing? Who was in the well? Was it his brother, or was it his brother who told him to do nothing to help the boy in the well? I'm all for keeping things mysterious, but this was done poorly. If you're going to give the audience some backstory, it helps to put something in perspective. May's mysterious past, on the other hand, is done well. 
The WTF?: No other Asgardian. No Executioner? No Enchantress?
* So that Jotunheim beast is still on the loose, huh? Maybe it melted?
* No Bilgesnipe either? What the hell?
Adorkification Moment: Seeing Erin Way (Kat from Alphas) again. I was waiting to see her become Amora...or at least Lorelei...
* It feels like Coulson's return to S.H.I.E.L.D. is the main thread of the season. Which is fine, as long as they stick with that. I did like the bit with him in Tahiti...but having never seen Dollhouse, I didn't catch the reference. Mrs. Adorkification, however, laughed out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment