Friday, November 22, 2013

WTF Fridays...11/22/2013

Today, I want to talk about the Infinity Gems...
...now called "Infinity Stones" in the MMU.
I've always believed that Thanos wouldn't show until Avengers 3 for two reasons:
* He's so bad-ass there's gotta be a lot of Avengers on hand, and 
* He's gonna need time to collect the gems for the Infinity Gauntlet - which we all knew would be the plot.
I'm not too upset about calling the gems "stones"...
...you could call them Fred, Ethel, Lucy, Ricky, Pebbles and Bam-Bam for all I care...
...it's that we've been given confirmation of what one of them is.
According to Kevin Feige, the Tesseract is indeed one of the stones.
W...T...F...FEIGE?
That blew my mind, because it means that there's no such thing as Cosmic Cubes in the MMU.
What also threw me is that Feige said that the Tesseract is the Space Gemstone.
This made me mad because I was convinced it was Power.
I sorta get it though. It explains why we saw what happened with Schmidt at the end of Captain America.
But the mere fact that so many weapons can be made with the Space Stone scares me.
Does this mean that everyone shot with one of those weapons wasn't killed, but sent into Space?
Is Red Skull floating in deep space somewhere, waiting to be found?
Then there's the Aether...
...I had no idea that's what is given to Collector.
OR that it's another of the Stones, which Feige also confirms.
Now which one will this be?
Can't be Reality, because it only works when the Nine Realms are aligned.
Can't be Time, or else Makelith would have sped time up to the next alignment.
Power? Then is wouldn't need a host body.
So it's either Mind or Soul.
You can't tell me we'd be dealing with the Soul Stone without introducing Adam Warlock.
Not in a million years.
So my money's on Mind. (Having it a liquid Stone like Mercury's a nice touch.)
Any possibility we'll see a Thanos Quest film that will lead into Avengers 3?
Yes...yes there is!
In Marvel Studios I Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment