Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday Movie Roundup...11/4/2013

Morning everyone!
Not surprisingly, Ender's Game took the top spot this weekend.
It made about $28 million, which is over 25% of it's $110 million budget.
(I love math...)
Anyway, what I really want to talk about today is...
 ...no...sorry...wrong pic...
Yessss!
See, Thor 2 opened a week early overseas.
...WTF?...
I can understand the UK (where it made $13.4 million), because parts of the movie were filmed there, 
and Australia ($6.9 million) because of...well...Chris.
But Mexico? ($8.2)
Germany? ($7.9)
South Korea? ($7.6)
Has Hollywood reached the point where they're making fans in different countries actually compete for the most revenue?
In any event, Thor: The Dark World has made $109.4 worldwide thus far. 
I can't find what the estimated budget was on this film, so I can't say how far on its way it is...
...but I did learn something...
...IMDb has Chris Evans is listed in an "uncredited" role.
Whether this is just referring to the trailer, or an actual cameo, I have no idea.
Like I needed another reason to see this film.
Plus, I mentioned a while back that Chris O'Dowd was listed above Anthony Hopkins on the cast list.
That's since changed, but his role - listed as Richard - is still up there.
  So who knows how significant that role will be?
Oh yeah...the UK, Mexico, Australia, Brazil, South Korea and Germany!
In Marvel Studios I Trust



No comments:

Post a Comment