Saturday, June 29, 2013

There's already talk of Phase Three?

I've heard that Marvel Studios had announced dates set aside for future episodes of the MMU...May 6 2016 and May 5 2017..., but I hadn't put together the fact that these are for after the release of Avengers 2 (May 1 2015), making these the first newsy bits of "Phase Three".

I'm a little concerned that Marvel's looking that far ahead.

I get that they've locked up the first weekend of May...which coincides with Free Comic Day, the first Saturday in May...for the next four years.

But is this a good idea?

I mean, I read that Louis Leterrier had commented about the pressure of finishing The Incredible Hulk in time to meet the release date...without a completed script.

To be fair, that happens a lot in Hollywood. But my hope was that since Marvel Studios was kind of it's own entity, there wouldn't be any "self-imposed" stress.

But I guess that's not the case.

It is possible that since TIH, Marvel's learned from their mistakes. Whedon's already working on Avengers 2, and whatever other projects Marvel Studios have in their House of Awesomeness must be at various stages of development.

So now it's up to us to discuss which characters are due to appear when.

I guess Ant-Man will be the first post-A2 film, followed most likely a Doctor Strange.

One thing's for sure, Marvel's really got people thinking about the future...
...I just hope it all goes according to plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment