Tuesday, June 11, 2013

So...Red Wedding...

I saw one episode of this show, and it was from the first season (I think) when the Lannister Dwarf Tyrion was knocked unconscious during a battle.
The nudity (which everyone was talking about regarding this show) was almost non-existent.

The violence (which everyone was talking about regarding this show) was nowhere near the level of Kill Bill.
And every clip I've seen since has been of bearded men standing around talking.

So my passion for this show ranks right up there with Teletubbies and the Home Shopping Network.
So then this episode came out, and I just read about what the plot of the thing was today.

There's a wedding...and people die. Okay, sounds like Kill Bill 2 to me...
There was a pregnant woman present...who also died.

So now it's KB2 meets Helter Skelter...
But more interesting is that several of the most interesting heroic characters die.

And people are upset by this.

Isn't this the series of books and episodes where the main hero...the one everybody thought should win the war (or whatever) and beat the bad guys and take the crown...or throne...died in the first freaking book/episode?

I'm sorry. I just don't get it.

Watching a show where the heroes get killed, the villains win, the innocent are corrupted, the wall comes crumbling down and Winter (though coming) never freaking arrives...

...would make me gouge out my own eyes after pulling out all my hair and screaming into the television before running to the hills.

This is not entertainment. This is what Einstein described as insanity:
I'll stick to my comics thank you very much, where heroes actually win, villains lose, and Winter is actually followed by Spring.

HOWEVER...if GoT ever had Goblins in it...
...I'd reconsider.

No comments:

Post a Comment