Sunday, June 16, 2013

I got a beef…

…with comic shops.

Specifically the way they handle back issues.

I understand that when attending a convention, retailers have limited table space with which to maximize profits.

I also understand that lately, the customer base likes to hunt for deals, digging through box after box of .50-cent’ers for that “diamond in the rough”.

Plus, it gives retailers a chance to get rid of stuff.

I get all of this – at conventions – but in their own stores, on their own un-rented turf, things should be more organized.

To me it’s simple: the high end product (say $20 and up) is in one area, the middle ground (roughly $5 - $20) in another place, and the garbage…in all their “5 for a BUCK!!!” glory…somewhere else.

All well and good, but why oh why can’t they be alphabetized?

When a customer, say me, is looking for a specific book, say Demon #23, he doesn’t want to dig through seven or eight longboxes on the off-chance I might find it.

They can be unbagged.

They can be unboarded.

Just use the damn alphabet. That’s all I’m sayin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment