Friday, November 30, 2012

X-Men:Days of Future Past...I called it...

Not two days ago, I mentioned how The Wolverine would somehow be a first step to integrate all X-Men films into the current film trend that is A Single Universe.

Now it seems that Hugh Jackman is in talks to make a cameo in X-DoFP.

This is f**king brilliant!!!

I've said before that in my perfect world, Marvel Studios owns all film rights of all their characters and we'd right now be gearing up for next summer's release of Secret Wars VIII.

But since that's not going to happen, I'll settle for a unified X-Men 'verse where all films co-exist. Yeah, X-Men 3 kinda sucked, but any comic fan will tell you that not every issue in a series is a winner. Plus, for every James Bond-type franchise, there's an On Her Majesty's Secret Service...which by the way had a major character plot development that barely anyone saw...so y'know.

Bryan Singer's X-Men was the first Marvel project...after Blade, which kicked all sorts of a$$...that made Hollywood sit up and take notice that comics were a goldmine. It also introduced the world to a 5'3" Canadian scrapper with a background in ninja, and the 6'2" Australian actor with a background in musical theater that played him.

Singer never should have done Superman Returns. That one move almost killed two franchises...emphasis on the almost.

But now that he's back in control of the cinematic world he helped create, I'll do my little happy dance.

I'd still like to see Secret Wars before I die though...

No comments:

Post a Comment