Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What's going to happen after Iron Man 3?

There's been talk that Iron Man will be appearing in Guardians of the Galaxy.

This is ridiculous.

If it is true, I hope they mean the series and not the movie. But it got me thinking...

...what does the future hold for the Iron Man movie franchise?

Oh sure, they'll make more sequels, as well as more Avengers spin-offs, but can RDJ hold up? Should he?

Here's my thing - I would be totally fine if it's announced that IM3 will be RDJ's final project in the suit. He made a huge financial deal with Marvel/Disney after Avengers and earned every penny, but I don't think there's been any talk of extending his contract beyond this film. Based on the trailer, it seems Tony's going to reach a milestone by picture's end.

So would it be a bad thing for a new actor to carry on the Iron Man and Avengers franchises?

It's going to happen eventually anyway. All the actors will be replaced by a younger generation of talent by fifteen years the latest, and I'm okay with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment