Thursday, November 15, 2012

Coast City Comicon - The Aftermath, Part Four

I planned on having lunch out, and wanted to try a place that was conveniently next door to the con...
I had no idea that it was cafeteria-style, or that the eating area was small, or how busy it was.

Mexican food is not my thing, but chipotle is my favorite pepper, so I went with it.

The menu had a "make you're own taco/burrito" approach, but since I'm new to the cuisine I ordered their  Burrito Bowl special with chicken, brown rice and pinto beans cooked with bacon.

It was delicious.

The seating was smaller than I thought it would be, with seating for two to six at each table, and all the tables were in the center of the room. No booths, no single or two-seater off to a side. Plus - the aisles were narrow, which is an issue when you're carrying a backpack.

I ended up sitting across from a young couple also attending the con and we struck up small talk. They were nice, but it was at this point that I wished I came with someone. It's one thing to be alone in a room full of like minded people, but outside of that environment it can get lonely fast.

The good news was that once my food was gone I headed back out for more comic-related fun.

The bad news was that this wouldn't be the only time I'd feel alone in a room full of strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment