Friday, November 16, 2012

Work sucks...

It's a crazy week at work because it's less than ten days before Black Friday and we're getting six trucks this week and we're expecting a visit from my boss's boss's boss's boss.

Y'know - it's times like this that I remind myself of a moment in "Encounter at Farpoint" - after Picard met with Q for the first time and knew his actions at Farpoint Station could decide the fate of humanity - when he put things into perspective:

"If we're to be danmed, let's be damned for what we really (could be "truly"...can't remember) are."

To me, this means that if we're to be judged based on what this guy sees knowing full well we're in the middle of six trucks with less than a week before Black Friday and my boss has been away in Massachusetts for the better part of a month, he's just going to see us doing our best. Not perfection. Not complacency. Simply working hard to get to where we need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment