Friday, November 16, 2012

Coast City Comicon - The Aftermath, Part Five

I was a little disappointed by the lack of variety of goods available at the con. Not one vendor had Blu-rays for sale. DVD's sure...even some VHS...but The Avengers on Blu-ray...?
No such luck.

However, the Maine Mall was across the street...and had both an FYE and a Newbury Comics. Since I had a few hours to kill before my next panel, I crossed the street.

Good news - both stores had what I was looking for.
Bad news - both were over $30.

Somewhat downtrodden, I went back to my truck to regroup.

I thought about trying Bull Moose Music - about a mile away - but I didn't want to give up my parking spot. Then I remembered the parking lot I walked through to get lunch. Not the 'official' lot, located right in front of the hotel, but an adjacent lot connecting the hotel, Chipotle, and the Cracker Barrel restaurant on the other side.

I was determined to get my Blu-ray damnit, so I took the journey. Not only did I find my loot for less than $30, I also got this...

The player's guide for Arkham City.

Do I have the game? No.

Do I have the system needed to play the game? No.

But I hadn't bought anything to read yet, and I did buy Thor on Blu-ray months before I bought a player...

By the way - I wound up getting both for less than $30.

Happy with actually getting something off my wishlist, I headed back to the con for the Valiant Comics panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment