Sunday, July 26, 2015

First Impressions: SDCC 2015 - The Suicide Squad trailer

Let's give this a shot.


The Good: 
Yep...that was Batman in there...

I think Jared's gonna hit it outta the park...

...and Margot...

...and Viola Davis.

The Bad:
Joker's look.
I guess most (if not all) of the tats here are actually in the film. That sucks. They're distracting and don't nearly disturb me as much as they were meant to.


Harley Quinn. In a movie.
As much as Margot pulls off her look, she doesn't have Harley's voice. Arleen Sorkin is her voice. She will forever be Harley's voice in my mind. She's who I hear when I watch the shows, she's who I hear when I read the books. In fact - when I buy this on Blu-ray (and I will), when Harley talks I'm cutting the sound so I can hear Harley say the lines. This isn't a dig on Margot's acting chops. She just has the impossible task of playing against the first and the best, like George Lazenby.

I have no idea who some of these people are.

The WTF?:
The teeth. Don't get me started on the teeth.

When you go onto the film's IMDb page, you'll come across some names: Scott Eastwood, Ike Barinholtz, Common, and Alex Meraz, with ABSOLUTELY NO F**KING THING BY THEIR NAMES!!!
W...T...F...?
I mean Eastwood is fourth on the list,  Barinholtz is after Viola Davis but before Jay Hernandez (who plays El Diablo...whoever he is), Common is right before Karen Fukuhara (who plays Katana), and Meraz is wedged between "Naughty Waitress" and "Operations Tech".
You said it Mark! If you wanna keep certain roles secret IMDb, you might consider keeping their names off the list. 
Maybe it was DC's call, but that doesn't make it right. But if you ask me...

Adorkification Moment: ...I'd say Eastwood is Grayson, and Meraz is Todd. I got nothing for Common or Barinholtz.

No comments:

Post a Comment