Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday Movie Roundup...7/13/2015

Hay Pepe! How was SDCC?
I'm not gonna lie - there's been a lot of released footage and leaked trailers from SDCC...that I haven't seen yet. Due to Mrs. Adorkification working from home and Adorkette home from school for the summer, I'm at the mercy of the whims of time and internet gods. But I WILL see them at some point, and comment accordingly. I can ALSO say that I'll be seeing Ant-Man this weekend and will again comment accordingly.
For now, let's look at the weekend box office:
Minions, which I've heard mixed reviews about, took the top spot with $115.2 million in the U.S. over the weekend. Worldwide, it made $395.7 million...which is about half it will make from merchandising when all is said and done. So don't be surprised if we see Minion-related products come Christmas.

The unthinkable is happening.
Jurassic World has made over $1.465 billion worldwide so far...which is more than Avengers: Age of Ultron, and a mere $52.8 million less that Marvel's The Avengers.
So I guess that means we'll get nothing but dinosaur films from now on?
Not that comics haven't bowed to popular trends before...
(sigh...)

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Skynet, Terminator: Genisys is at a whopping $224.8 million worldwide. 
I know, but I could have called it.

Another $439,000 in the States, up to $1.388 billion worldwide. Which I have to admit is pissing me off.
I know, I need to calm down.
I'm just stressing about the fickle-ness of Hollywood. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for Chris "I was Starlord before I was a star" Pratt,
but with all this talking...
and all this walking...
I'm worried that Feige's grand scheme may change to "up the ante" so to speak. I had enough of a hard time getting used to the changes made from the comics. I don't think I can handle another crisis as things change due to "failure to meet financial expectations". 
 Just...no.

Have a good week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment