Friday, July 17, 2015

Plumbing problems...(WTF? Friday...7/17/2015)

I'm not sure I've mentioned this before, but we've been having plumbing issues...
 It started a couple years ago with the dishwasher - it kept leaking water onto the kitchen floor.
At the time we all thought it had something to do with the pipe connections under our sink, since the machine was only a few years old.
 So we shut it off, disconnected the pipes and killed the fuse.
Then, in my infinite stupidity, I tried to Home Dept the solution...
...only to lose usage of the right side of our kitchen sink. 
I know...I know...
Flash forward to two years later (as in yesterday). We had the money to get a professional plumber to get both sides of our sink back and re-attach the dishwasher. Which he did at a fair price. HOWEVER...
...yeah - it's still leaking water on the floor.
Turns out the water's coming from the machine itself. The seal running along the bottom of the door (where the hinge is) needs replacing. Which is not within the expertise of the plumber.
 W...T...F...?
I'm not at all upset with the plumber. He showed up within the two-hour time frame he gave us, called ahead to let us know he was on his way (so no surprise knock at the door), worked quickly and cleaned up his mess. 
I'm pissed at the dishwasher.
I could make some dorky-a$$ remark about how appliances are machines that could one day gain sentience and take over, but let me say that if that happens...
...imagine how they'd feel about house calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment