Friday, July 10, 2015

WTF? Friday...The Elektra Edition (sort of)...7/10/2015


Well - they've gone and done it...they've gone and cast Elektra.
This is Elodie Yung (as Jinx in G. I. Joe: Retaliation), and I gotta be honest - 
I don't remember her at all.
That's not to say she didn't do a good job as Jinx, I'm just saying I don't remember much about her character in the film.
As to Yung being cast as Elektra, I can see the direction the "powers that be" are going...but I gotta ask:
Isn't Elektra Greek?
There was a time early on in her comic appearances that Miller and Klaus Janson were unsure of her ethnicity - even though they'd already explained within the books that her father was a Greek diplomat. This explains why she appears more Asian in those early issues versus her current Greek "look".
I bring this up only because Yung reminds me of those early Miller/Janson works, which I'm okay with.
But they have GOT to fix that cowl.
W...T...F...?
Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment