Sunday, January 18, 2015

Mrs. Adorkification, I Love You...

My wife is a maker.
Her hobbies are of that ilk. She sews, cooks, beads, quilts (is that even a word?) and such. It drives me crazy, because more often than not there's s#!t all over a table, a floor, our bedroom, etc. 
In case you're unaware, I'm a collector.
Comics, Magic cards, Blu-rays, novels, music CD's, mugs...if I have an interest in anything, my natural tendency is to get all of them. This drivers her nuts, because my s#!t (while neatly organized thank you very much) continues to grow. 
So it's not very often when our hobbies mesh.
She loves Lord of the Rings enough to let my buy the movie box set (DVD for now...but I'm working her towards the upgrade), the Game of Thrones books are worthy of actually owning (but they have to be of the same cover art/collection). She wants to make a Mexican something-or-other for dinner, and I'll eat it (which is very rarely...unpalatable).
I let her bring out her totes - that's right, totes - of Legos to build some castle-thingy or whatever so it can sit there on the dinner table for days until she no longer feels "inspired" and takes it all apart and puts everything away.
Why anyone would build something just to take it apart? Not to mention -
But then one day, I came home and saw this:
It's a display case...made by Lego...for Legos. It can stand on a table or be mounted on a wall, and yes they can interlock with other display cases.
She thought it was a "cool thing we can share" regarding our hobbies.
Yeah, I'm loved...but there's more - the very next thing I bought with my allowance, 
(don't go there), was this:
an Iron Man Mark I Lego...what is it? Fig? Minifig? Whatever.
When it came in the mail, I put it together and showed her. She thought it was awesome. But if you notice in the picture above, this figure wasn't made by Lego but by Decool, a Lego-compatable alternate company. (I shopped around, and thought this version of what's out there - which by the way is a lot - looked coolest.) When I told her this, she looked at me and said "But it's not a real Lego..." 
Mrs. Adorkification, I dub thee...adorkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment