Thursday, January 29, 2015

First Impressions - Constantine: "Quid Pro Quo"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...


Episode 10: "Quid Pro Quo"
The Good:
"(Don't Fear) The Reaper"! Awesome tune.

We also get Chas' history. So he's not immortal, but has a specific number of lives given to him - by Constantine - as a result of a tragedy. Gutsy move to have that tragedy be what it was...I would have thought it too soon. 

I also liked the guy they met up with who held the seance. Shame what happened to him, he had cool stuff and I really liked that table.

The Bad: Chas strikes me as a guy who'd tell his wife what happened, and it looks like he did. Why she gives him such crap, and even divorced him, as a result of what happened makes no sense to me. I get her point about wanting him around more, and why she'd have serious hate for Constantine, but Chas is a good man in an unusual situation. She should have given him more slack.

Speaking of Chas, I'm not really sure why he's sticking with John. Was the "incident" at Newcastle the trigger? That would mean that Chas was working his cabbie day job when John met up with him to go to Newcastle in the first place. Which is possible, and most likely to come up in flashback by season's end.

The WTF?: What mother in her right mind would leave her daughter's bedside and go to an address found on a scrap of paper in the hopes of stopping whomever took her daughter's soul? She has every right to be pissed at Constantine, but let him do his job. As for Chas, I know why he did what he did, but I'm glad he had a plan that worked.

Adorkification Moment:
Felix Faust!

No comments:

Post a Comment