Friday, December 12, 2014

WTF? Friday/First Impressions Mash-up...AoS: 'What They Become'

This is the last episode before the winter break.
I get that they need to keep things open.
Do they need to leave us hanging? Dangling even?
W...T...F...?
I've put my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once after the jump.
You've been warned...

Season 2 Episode 10: 'What They Become'

The Good: 
Coulson taking on Skye's dad! But what the hell is Theta Protocol?
May taking on...a lot of people! But she's left shouting for Coulson through the hole?
We get Mack back! This makes me happy, but is he normal now?

The Bad:
The thumbdrive. What was the point of hiding the thumbdrive?
*
We lose Trip! This makes me sad. 
Was it because he's not one of "them"? Was it because he had fragments embedded in his body? 

The WTF?:
Skye's father. 
Don't get me wrong. I liked that we actually, finally got to see Skye meet him. And yay! she learns what happened to her mother. But that whole bit just felt so drawn out. Getting my wisdom teeth removed took less time. I was waiting for the powers that be to bring anything up that would cause one or the other to leave that room. What else did we learn? Skye's birth-name was Daisy. Now, listening to him hum that song? Creepy as all hell. Wonderfully so. I think Kyle MacLachlan did a great job with the role...but WHO THE HELL IS HE?
Mr Hyde?
He said his name was "Cal". At first, I thought it was a play on Kal...as in Kal-El. Turns out Mr. Hyde's real name is Calvin Zabo. Okay. Fine. But "Cal" just doesn't cut it. I want a full name please. Plus, if "Cal" is Calvin Zabo...and if his daughter is in fact Skye Daisy...that makes her what? Quake?
Okay. Fine. Then SHOW IT!!!
Don't give us this 'turn to stone then come out of it just in time to see Trip disintegrate through a single eye opening'...what do we call it?
That's right.

And what the hell happened to Raina? From what I (all too briefly) saw, she looked like a porcupine.
I guess they could have been multiple antennae...
Speaking of Mantis, she becomes the Celestial Madonna and marries a male human host of the Cotati  - 
an alien race of plant-like beings. 
Because hey, 

By the way...
...not dead.

And who the hell is this guy supposed to be?
Flippin' Karnak?

Adorkification Moment:
LMD's. These guys are freakin' LMD's!!!
HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THAT!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment