Monday, December 1, 2014

Monday Movie Roundup...12/1/2014

Happy December 1st Pepe!
THG: MJ P1 did $56.8 million in the U. S. over the weekend.
Worldwide, it's made over $480 million in just 10 days.
That's pretty f**king amazing.
On the downside, THG: MJ P1 is still in third place among THG films: THG: CF made the most, with $864.9 million, and THG made $691.2 million. But again - that's over the course of their full theater runs. After two weekends, P1 is just slightly less than halfway to first place while only $211 million away from second. I'm expecting this movie to be around at least through Christmas, so I wouldn't be surprised if it found itself solidly ahead of THG and knocking on CF's back door by the holiday.
I've never been a fan of Madagascar
I know Ben Stiller and Chris Rock are in it, and how it was a huge hit. Adorkette was a youngin when it came out, so of course we got the DVD, and she played that thing almost daily for a while - but I never liked the idea of talking animals in a zoo who wind up in Africa...until we get to the Penguins. They're my favorite part of the movie. In fact, I like how they got the voice actors of the Penguins to do the commentary track. That was funny! So it doesn't surprise me that this spin-off made the second most money over the weekend ($25.8 mil). I probably won't see it in the theater, but I'll have it in my cue by tomorrow.
Have a good week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment