Friday, December 19, 2014

WTF? Friday 12/19/2014...Phase Three Part Six

I'm a huge fan of Carol Danvers.
The first issue I read about her was, surprisingly enough,
Uncanny X-Men #182.
It wasn't about Carol directly, more like Carol's past told through Rogue - since she's got both Carol's powers and memories. A really good story if you haven't read it. Girl from Boston grows up with at least one brother, joins the Air Force and eventually S.H.I.E.L.D. Winds up with Kree physiology, and eventually - 
becomes Binary and hangs out with the Starjammers.
I don't know anything about this interpretation of her though.
Chances are the film will be about this version, which is fine. I'll be able to compare the MCU Danvers to the 1980's (my) version. 
She's a great character that deserves her own film, but who to cast..?
One popular pick is Katee Sackhoff.
I've never seen Battlestar Galactica (the newer one) based on principle.
'Cause you don't mess with a classic.
I have seen her in Longmire. where she plays a deputy working with the main character's sheriff in Wyoming. Sackhoff's not a bad choice, just not mine.
I'd go with Yvonne Strahovski, of Chuck fame.
I know. She was my first pick for Black Canary on Arrow, and then Mockingbird on AoS
Yeah, I was wrong.
But Strahovski should be some major character somewhere at some point. She's too good.
At any rate, Marvel Studios is dragging their feet with casting news.
W...T...F...?
Why can they tell us already?
Okay. Maybe they're waiting until we get closer to A: IW P1, which comes out before Captain Marvel. Maybe they plan on introducing the character there first. Who knows. And that's part of my WTF? When will they tell us? 
(sigh)...waiting sucks.








No comments:

Post a Comment