Tuesday, February 18, 2014

First Impressions - AoS: 'T.R.A.C.K.S.'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
That will happen over the summer after my purchase of the Blu-ray.
I've put my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once after the jump.
You've been warned...


Episode 13: 'T.R.A.C.K.S.'
The Good: I love stories that tell the same events from different perspectives. It reminded me of the classic Daredevil #257/The Punisher #10 crossover back in ‘88.
* Ward and Coulson trying to use the Table - reminding us that sometimes people should share what they know.
* Sex is no longer a dirty word in the MMU.
* May saving the day…again!
The Bad: The total lack of surprise on seeing the word Deathlok on the leg, which otherwise would have been an Adorkification Moment. Yeah, that’s my fault for finding out about it ahead of time. But the total lack of interesting stuff which led to my looking for news in the first place? That’s on them.
The WTF?:
* Skye getting shot, twice, and then managing to hold on until she was put in the ever-so-conveniently-there stasis chamber. Does this mean we’ll finally learn what makes her a 0-8-4?
* It was nice to see a recognizable non-villain character introduced somewhat into the MMU on this show, but did it really need to take this long?
Adorkification Moment: Stan the Man!


No comments:

Post a Comment