Saturday, February 15, 2014

A theory on Coulson’s “death”…

I gave my opinion that the plot of GotG will involve the Time Gem Stone earlier this week.
I also mentioned the speculation among fans that the item in Loki’s scepter was in fact the Mind Gem Stone.

We all know that Coulson was stabbed by Loki’s scepter.

Now bear with me: 
If we accept the theory that the scepter does contain Mind, then Coulson was killed by the Mind Gem Stone.
Therefore, it’s possible that Mind somehow prevented Coulson from dying.

Still with me?

However, according to an episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., (“The Magical Place” to be exact), Coulson wanted to die. If that’s true, then the Mind Gem Stone should have theoretically let him die.

But it didn’t.

In fact, S.H.I.E.L.D. messed with Coulson’s brain to make him not want to die…

…meaning S.H.I.E.L.D. messed with Coulson’s mind.

So here’s my brilliant theory:

The scepter doesn’t have Mind.

It has Soul.

That would explain why Coulson didn’t die. The Soul Gem Stone kept Coulson’s soul within his body.

Leaving S.H.I.E.L.D. to deal with convincing his body to keep going.

It would also explain why we haven’t seen the scepter since The Avengers.

What? It’s possible…


In Marvel Studios I Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment