Sunday, March 2, 2014

Okay...NOW let's talk about Guardians of the Galaxy

I love the trailer, and the premise of the thing, but I've got questions...
...starting with Peter Quill.
* He's an Earthling, not a humanoid alien. We know this because of his hand gestures and the fact that he has what looks like a Walkman from the 1980's. So how does he get to outer space in the first place?
The Champions of Xandar
* I'm assuming that's who's talking about the Guardians as they're being scanned. I did hear the name Xandar spoken by one of them anyways. Does this mean we'll have a Richard Ryder in our future? If so, they better not call him Nova or Spanish speaking countries will laugh their asses off.
The Guardians as a group
* As the Xandar guard describes each member, it looks like they're isolated from each other. Even when we see them lined up, they act like they're in separate places. But as we see them lined up together, that's when the guard says: "They call themselves the Guardians of the Galaxy." This implies that the Guardians know each other and have worked together by this point, which doesn't jibe with what I'm seeing. Is it possible that the voiceover takes place after they break out of the place? 
And another thing - this story feels a little familiar...
...where the Xandars (Xandarians?) replace the Shi'ar.
* But with the 'Jammers, Chris "FatherofCyclopsandHavoknevermindthethirdone" Summers wound up in space as a kidnapped prisoner. I don't think that's how Quill gets there, but the whole furry-sexy-tough-space pirate thing is there. 
I'm gonna need another cup before I start sorting things out...
In Marvel Studios I Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment