Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday Movie Roundup...3/31/2014

Morning everyone! Hope you had a good weekend...
Noah grossed the most over the weekend, with just over $95 million  worldwide.
Interestingly, the gap between Domestic ($44 million) and Foreign ($51 million) was smaller than I thought.
I haven't heard much about the film other than the hulu trailers, 
but I didn't know that Jennifer Connelly, Emma Watson and Anthony Hopkins were in it.
It cost $125 million to make, and will no doubt break even by the weekend...
...it just might not be #1 again.
Muppets Most Wanted took in another $11.3 million in the states, making the worldwide total just shy of $41 million.
Only $9 million to go before becoming profitable. 
It's only been out 10 days, so I don't see that as a problem.

300: Rise of an Empire and 3 Days to Kill are both in the black...
Oh, this is interesting - 
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is still in some theaters.
Granted, it only made about $69,000 but I haven't heard a film being out on Blu-ray/DVD and in theaters at the same time.
I don't have a problem with that, but it is weird.
What's this...WHAT'S THIS???
Captain America: The Winter Soldier's made over $75 million this weekend?
Overseas?
Okay. I get that some films, even Marvel Studios films, are released in foreign countries before the U.S.
I normally attribute that phenom to deals struck for certain shooting locations,
or even the nationality of the star(s) involved.
But when you have a film about character that is symbolic of the U.S.,
and (for most of the film anyway) was filmed and/or takes place in the States,
I can't for the life of me understand why other countries get first dibs.
Don't get me wrong, $75 million is $75 million...
I just question the politics is all.
In any case, Cap Am: TWS is on a roll!
In Marvel Studios I Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment