Thursday, March 6, 2014

First Impressions - AoS: 'T.A.H.I.T.I.'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
That will happen over the summer after my purchase of the Blu-ray.
I've put my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once after the jump.
You've been warned...


Episode 14: 'T.A.H.I.T.I.'
The Good: Coulson...as Coulson...being Coulson. Also, instead of using the last bit of the show to wrap things up or reminisce, this episode used it to move forward towards the next episode. And it's about damn time! 
The Bad: The fact than much of the next episode's goodness has been revealed over the past month. I don't want to know who's going to appear in the season finale a week from now. And even if that type of intel does get out, there should still be some surprises and Easter eggs for us to find.
The WTF?: I was really looking forward to learning that GH-whatever it was stood for Loki's scepter. Turns out it stood for some weird blue creature I didn't recognize. It wasn't a Frost Giant or Chitauri soldier. It could have been an Atlantean, but I'm not aware of the species' healing abilities. Skrulls are green. It could be a member of the Kree, but how it got to Earth I have no idea. Maybe it's the same creature that landed on Earth who's ship Quill stole? 
Adorkification Moment: Agent Garrett. His character first appeared in the Elektra Assassin mini-series back in 1986. I've never read the series, because writer Frank Miller turned Elektra into some sort of telepath able to track some kind of Beast that took over people's bodies. It sounded too weird for me. But what's interesting is that he became a cyborg...kinda-like Deathlok. These are the tidbits that have been missing from the show lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment