Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Oh, so THAT'S what a wiki is for...

So I've started watching the show...
...after buying Season Three.
 Don't look at me like that, we've already had that discussion.
I have to admit that by Episode 5 I was hooked.
And as the season progressed I realized that I wanted to learn more about the people, places and things of Westeros.
I didn't want to go out and buy Seasons 1 and 2 (right away anyway) 'cause I'm poor.
But I still wanted to get my bearings.
I thought about getting the books (which I probably will anyway), but that's also a lot of money.
And a lot of reading.
Then my mind went back to my youth, and I remembered how I got to know all I did about Marvel...
...and later on...
I learned by reading encyclopedic entries, when I could, until I had everything down.
Then I found this site on this newfangled interweb thingy,
and I felt like a kid again.
It's hard to read about characters I've known for years, like Cyclops for example,
and see what incredibly terrible things have happened to them after I stopped reading comics.
(Which by the way makes it all the more difficult to start again.)
But with GoT, I'm coming to it fresh. 
Taking what I read at face value, without getting all "oh I see how they changed thisandthat for the show".
It's wonderful.
But I'll still be getting the books...and the Blu-rays...and the maps...

No comments:

Post a Comment