Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Movie Roundup...3/24/2014

It's been a crazy day all around, so let's get to it!
Twilight...I mean Hunger Games ...I mean Divergent took the top spot, with roughly $56 million over the weekend.
The price tag on this film was $85 million, which will most likely be reached by this weekend.
Muppets Most Wanted (note the "Disney" in there) took the silver, with about $18 million worldwide.
This film cost $50 million to make.
Yeah, there's no way the first Muppet movie cost that much. Must be Disney...
Anyway, I have no doubt this will make that back plus interest, 
it's just that everyone's been busy watching  flippin' Frozen for the thirteenth flippin' time.
Either that or Twilight, Hunger Games, Divergent...DANGIT!!!
300: Rise of an Empire broke more than even with $289.1 million so far.
While this isn't on my "gotta see it in the theater" list, I'm still happy for it.
Non-Stop is up to...is this right...$142 million? 
Wow - that's pretty good.
In fact, I was at work a while back and an elderly woman came up to me and asked if I've seen it yet.
I told her I hadn't, and she started going on about how wonderful it was.
Now this woman was in her mid- to late-seventies.
At least.
And she was going on about how she loved all the action and what-not and how great an actor Liam Neeson is.
I have no doubt the film is good, and I like Neeson, but when I'm a seventy-plus year old, 
I'll be too busy worrying about possible health issues to see something like that in the theater.
But at my home...on my nth-generation-Blu-ray-player...that's a different story.
Speaking of action films, 
3 Days to Kill made a profit over the weekend with $29.7 million in the bank.
Luc Besson was one of the producers, and he co-wrote Taken and Taken 2.
I'm starting to think the follow up game to "6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon" should be "6 Degrees of Liam Neeson".
Did you know he was on at least one episode of Miami Vice back in the day?
I kid you not.
Have a good week everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment