Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Punisher returns...


I don't understand all the hate for Thomas Jayne's Punisher. My biggest casting issue was John Travolta, and while I understand the decision to have it in Tampa - he's gotta start out in New York...

...plus, Castle had two kids not just one...and his family's massacre in Central Park was an accident not a vendetta...

...okay, I understand why the movie as a whole had some issues, but I still love the movie and Jayne made a perfect Castle.

Jayne made this himself, and I really hope Marvel Studios takes the freakin' hint!!!


But then we have to ask ourselves:

Is it possible to reboot a film franchise with the same actor that played the character in the original film?

I say yes. One film does not a franchise make, so he's just rebooting himself...that doesn't sound right; and since Marvel took "Human Torch" Chris Evans and made him "Captain America" Chris Evans, all bets are off.


Punisher War Journal
coming out in 2014


Didn't Marvel Studios get the rights back?

No comments:

Post a Comment