Thursday, July 26, 2012

So...I saw The Dark Knight Rises...



...at the local drive in with the wife and child. Avengers was the second feature (which the Mrs. hadn't seen yet by the way, WTF?).

I had to see this film. More specifically, I HAD to see this film.

Like many, I had it on my radar for over a year, and followed the hype - although not as much as Avengers I admit.

Since July 20th, I've been on edge and couldn't deal with it.

To be honest though, this isn't the first gun related tragedy to take place in a movie theatre.

Back in the 1988, there was news of similar events at showings of Colors, a movie about cops and the ongoing violence between Crips and Bloods. In 1991, New Jack City made headlines as people shot each other over seats.


But those were movies involving gangs and violence.


TDKR is about a comic book character. Yes, he is surrounded by violence. Yes, he's not the only comic book character surrounded by violence to have movies under his belt. But this is my genre, characters I've grown up with and love: Super Heroes.


I was afraid...mad...confused.

I had to see this movie to get past the anger, fear and helplessness.

Give Blood

Donate Money

But also...Go to the Movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment