Tuesday, December 1, 2015

First Impressions - Jessica Jones: "AKA Top Shelf Perverts"

I know s#!t about this character.
Everything I do know came from blogs and YouTube.
You've been warned...

Episode 7: "AKA Top Shelf Perverts"

The Good:
This.
One of my longest-running and strongest contentions when it comes to "translating" comic characters from book to film is that every single one can become popular if done well - meaning a successful interpretation of either their abilities, or their personality. This scene, right here, does both. 
Creepy. As. F**k.


The Bad:
This.
First, it reminds me of Daredevil. Not the Netflix show...the Affleck film. Second, it shows Jessica being controlled (by someone other than Kilgrave) to do something she doesn't want to do. Third, the actress playing Wendy looks familiar but I can't place her.

No lie - I knew something bad was going to happen to at least one if not both of these neighbors at some point. But not having read the comics, that's all I knew about them - that they'd be victims. 


The WTF?:
As awesome as it is to see Trinity as a lawyer in the MCU, she doesn't look comfortable in heels.


Adorkification Moment:
Supermax Prison - featured in issue number...wait, what? It's a real place?

No comments:

Post a Comment