Monday, December 21, 2015

Monday Movie Roundup...12/21/2015

You knew this was coming...
...so how'd it do?
Well, it made about $517 million worldwide.


But let's take a look at the franchise as a whole:
At $517 million, The Force Awakens has already made more than Empire and Jedi did in their entire runs ($457.3 million and $418.4 million respectively). Now for some bad news...
Phantom Menace is still the franchise's top money-maker, with $983.6 million worldwide.




I know Vizzini, I know...
But if my math is right, Force Awakens is only about $466.6 million away from taking the crown away from that atrocity to all mankind - and it hasn't even been out seven days yet.

On a side note, I had no idea the guy who plays Poe, Oscar Isaac, is playing Apocalypse in the next X-Men film. Holy Crap!

And another thing...
I did my best to stay in the dark regarding film details, and I did a pretty good job of it. So I had no idea that was coming when I stepped into the theater. But as that scene progressed, I knew it was going to happen. 
Still think it sucked.

Have a good week everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment