Friday, April 5, 2013

WTF? Fridays...4/5/2013

It's been that kind of week...

The Good: I was able to get a computer into the basement (which has a chair, a sofa, my comics, a  tv, a blu-ray, my PS-2, some cd's and other stuff - like lights) and get it to connect to our router so I can blog without tying up the family computer.

The Bad: Between constant updates and some considerable distance from the router, the computer works online at a somewhat s l o w e r  p a c e .


Jon Favreau stopped by Kevin Pollack's Chat Show.

It was a cool conversation and ranged from his early work to Iron Man to watching films with his son to watching films with his father when he was a boy.

I'm a huge fan of Kevin Pollack's show because of the laid back approach to his conversations. Nothing's scripted, everything's on the table, swears are included and not *bleep*-ed out.

The main reason I haven't seen every episode is because of Pollack's guest choices. I've only seen shows with guests I know of, or am interested in enough to hear over two hours of talk with or about.

And tat's fine, because I'd rather watch that than listen to thirty-second soundbites and meaningless anecdotes between commercials.






AND NOW A MOMENT OF SILENCE...

Growing up, I had access to four networks: ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS.

That was it. No Cable, no Internet, no MTV, nothing else.

So the only way I could learn what films were coming out in the near future was through Saturday afternoon's Siskel and Ebert.

They were fun to watch, and I have no doubt that they're still sitting in some Chicago theater giving new movies their thumbs.



I remember the heart-breaking show where the Muppets said goodbye to Jim, and knew that son John took over Kermit...and by extension the whole "Muppet-verse".
But Jane was involved from the very beginning. 
Quoting from The Mary Sue...
"Jane was a board member of the Muppet Foundation, created in 1982 to advocate for and develop the art of puppetry. She also founded the Jim Henson Legacy following Jim’s untimely death in 1990 and the Jane Henson Foundation in 2001 to do some philanthropic work of her own."
Jane Nebel Henson was the Mother of all Muppets.

...and finally (on a lighter note)...


Gamora is slated to appear in Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy, and rumor has it that Zoe Saldana in in talks for the role.

I only know Saldana from The Losers and the Star Trek reboot, but I think she'd do nicely...as long as Gamora isn't CGI.

If they can paint a woman green for Trek, they can do it for GotG.

"Nuff said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment