Friday, April 26, 2013

A very special WTF Friday...

I had going to a Marvel Movie down to a science.

I never got to see Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk or Iron Man 2 on opening weekend. I saw them when I could, and Mrs. Adorkification and/or Adorkette either came with me, or saw it with me some other time.

When Captain America came out, I dragged my wife to see it with me at the midnight premiere...probably only so she could check out a new theater...and it was fun.

Then Thor came out. My wife and I saw it...at midnight...in 3-D/IMAX. Adorkette went with me later to the same place.

Then for Avengers, I saw it at midnight by myself, went with Mrs. Adorkification later, and then again with Adorkette.

Yes. I paid to see Avengers in the theater three times.

So I looked forward to Iron Man 3 with the same plan as Avengers.
At work I have to submit my schedule requests a month ahead. So I told the powers that be that I'd close Thursday (9:30 to 10:00-ish) with the intent of going to the midnight show, and have Friday the 3rd off to recoup.
At NO POINT...during the ENTIRE MONTH OF MARCH...you know, when all the promotional stuff came out about the film, and Marvel.com and Facebook started counting down the weeks...did ANYONE SAY that there would be no midnight showing...

...but HEY...there's gonna be a 9 PM showing Thursday! Isn't that GREAT?
NO...IT...ISN'T!!!

And I can't rearrange my schedule because everyone else worked around my requests.

...

I always thought that midnight shows (other than Rocky Horror) were released at 12:01 Friday morning because of some legal issue preventing new movies to be seen "before Friday".

I don't understand WHY theaters are NOW able to show things as early as 9 PM Thursday night.

I'm not against the idea mind you, in fact I fully support it...

JUST GIVE US A HEADS UP SO WE CAN PLAN OUR LIVES ACCORDINGLY!!

That's all I ask.

Is that too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment