Monday, April 22, 2013

Boston Strong...

The events that took place in the past two week stunned all of us.

Adorkette and I were in CT visiting my family during the Watertown portion, and I couldn't believe it was happening - the postponing of Bruins and Red Sox games, authorities telling people to stay in their homes, the entire city of Boston shut down.

But what moved me to tears wasn't the scary hunt, it was the impact this had on the country.

Chicago...New York...Los Angeles...and other competitive cities...all made it known that they stood by Boston.

As we drove home Saturday, signs of thanks and support flashed on billboards and hung from bridges all along I-90 and I-95 .

Boston is my city. I went to college there. I met my best friend there. I met my wife there.

Mrs. Adorkette attended a one day seminar in the Westin Hotel - and we took Adorkette out of school for the day so I could show her around the BU campus - less than a month before the Marathon.

I'm shaken. I'm scared. I'm angry and frustrated and just plain mad.

But I'm also proud.

Now excuse me, while I go hug my family...

No comments:

Post a Comment