Friday, March 15, 2013

WTF? Fridays...3/15/2013

I want to start off by apologizing for my lack of meat in my recent posts...I've been back-and-forth to NH for work-related stuff this week and it sucked.

Now let's see what's been going on in the world:


Bryan Singer has been quoted that he's bringing some "science-fiction aspects" to X-Men: Days of Future Past.
...
That's like Whedon saying he's going to bring "action" to Avengers.
But I will say this - Singer is the Whedon of the X-Men Movie Universe.
In fact, I'd call him a fine blend of both Whedon and Chris Claremont. He's able to gather all this talent, and all these characters, and make the story work.
I'd still prefer the XMU under the Marvel Studios banner, but if it were, I'm sure Feige would have Singer in the director's chair.





Injustice: Gods Among Us has introduced a new Blackest Night DLC pack - heroes (and villains) playable in Zombie form. This is awesome. The trailer above is from Germany so the text is weird, but you can get the gist.

Speaking of Injustice...

...Doomsday (and Raven) are going to be playable. Can you imagine what Doomsday in Zombie-Mode would look like?

And finally,
I saw John Carter From Mars recently with the wife and kid - and we liked it.

I couldn't understand the...I don't want to say hatred...but the complete lack of interest in this film.

The CGI worked, the characters were well rounded, Dejah wasn't an empty-headed sex-pot, and the story was well told.

I think the film got a bad rap. It's possible Disney did some stuff to make it look worse (so they could get a better deal with Marvel, 'cause remember: this came out just before the deal was made).

Anyway...

If you haven't seen this movie yet, do yourself a favor and watch it. I can't see myself reading the books due to the language of when they were written, but it did make me go back and re-read Alan Moore's The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol. II.

No comments:

Post a Comment