Wednesday, March 6, 2013

So...the new Iron Man 3 trailer...

I plan to wait give this my full attention Thursday but I had to mention this one thing now...

When I first saw the poster, I assumed all the various "remote-controlled" suits were identical.

Thanks to the trailer, I see that's not the case. In fact, I picked out the Stealth, Hulkbuster, Silver Centurion, Underwater and Space Armors.

And it was the last one that stuck with me.

Against better judgement, it seems that Thanos will be the baddie in Avengers 2, and for that to happen each Marvel Studios film has to build towards it - starting with IM3..

This includes setting up Guardians of the Galaxy before the film's actual release.

How can Marvel do that? Here's how:

Stark's Space Armor, either intentionally or accidentally, winds up in deep space. (Mind you, I'm talking about the remote controlled armor, not Tony himself.) The suit is found by - wait for it - the Guardians. My guess is that somewhere between IM3 and GotG, a locator beacon will go off, leading Stark and the other Avengers to whatever planet the Guardians are on so they can confront Thanos in A2.

In Marvel Studios I Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment