Monday, January 7, 2013

Shopping for comics online...

Right now, I'm in the process of getting DC's War of the Gods storyline.
Why you may ask?

Because based on what comic intel I can gather, this story takes place in Tim Drake's history before the events of Robin II, where Joker is loose in Gotham while Batman is in Rio for the Idiot Root story.

Yeah, there's a couple of singles in the middle there somewhere, but it's clear that Gods comes first.

Have you ever tried to buy a single back issue you're looking for?

If you're lucky enough, you've got a comic shop nearby. I've got two within 45 minutes driving distance.

But then you need to get there, and check their back issue bins...

...which may or may not be organized - at all.

And even then, you have to be lucky enough to find the book(s) you're looking for.

Back in my day, all comic shops had tons of back issues, and if they didn't have what you wanted, you'd write it down somewhere and look for it next convention.

Now there's the internet, and that's okay. Ebay is a great source to look for books, and most shops have an on-line inventory to look through...

...but now I have to factor in shipping - which hurts my head.

So I'll keep working on getting more Tim Drake stuff to post...

...'cause it's fun damnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment