Thursday, January 10, 2013

A word about Legos...

Apparently, there's going to be a videogame involving Lego Marvel Super Heroes.

...uhhh...okay...?

I've never been big on Legos. If I ever had a set, I'd spend my time following the step-by-steps, make the stuff shown on the box, then take everything apart and put them away for years.

Mrs. Adorkification, on the other hand, would spend hours just sorting the blocks out into groups...then put together some crazy s#!t, and leave it out for weeks until I tell her I'd like to use the dinner table to - you know - have dinner on.

When Lego announced that they'd got the go-ahead to make first DC and then Marvel sets, I was thrilled...but only because I could now get Lego-ized versions of beloved characters. But they're only available with all these extra blocks to build things I'd never want to build...I just want the characters.

So now there's a game coming. And my videogame library currently consists of Xena: Warrior Princess, a SpongeBob SquarePants, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse.

Do I want to own/play this new Lego game? No.

Am I happy that such a thing exists? Yes.

But I really want a Lego set of Avengers and Justice League figures...

No comments:

Post a Comment