Thursday, May 31, 2012

So...about the leaked Iron Man 3 pics...

If you haven't heard yet, and there's no reason why you shouldn't have, a few images have been leaked from the Iron Man 3 set...

           

...and it looks like Iron Patriot.

Here's the thing: Iron Patriot is a character that I know nothing about. I stopped reading looooong before he came out.

According to the rumors, the character in the suit is Eric Savin...Coldblood.



Coldblood first appeared in Marvel Comics Presents #26 back in August of '89...so yeah, I probably read it. But if you've read as many Marvel books as I did back then, MCP was just filler to keep you busy until the other titles came out the following week.

My point is that I know very little about these guys, and they're appearing in the next instalment of the Marvel Movie Universe...and I don't know how I feel about that.

I know there are at least a few people who saw Iron Man, IM2... heck even The Avengers...who never picked up a book in their lives. And that's good in a way, because the films appealed to an audience unfamiliar with the characters and their comic-book histories.

But at least I knew who the heck they were.

So now I have Marvel Studios telling me...essentially...that I'm too damn old - and it bugs me.

Then I take a step back and realize that the MMU is its own thing. It's in great hands, and it will continue to grow...even if it means using/combining characters that I have no f**king idea who they are!


In Marvel Studios I Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment