Monday, June 1, 2015

Monday Movie Roundup...6/1/2015

(Yawn)...Morning Pepe!

 Avengers: Age of Ultron is still growing, with $1.321 billion worldwide.
Deal with it Bale...
The Domestic total is at $427 million after making another $10.9 million over the weekend. As for everywhere else, it's made $894.2 million so far - which is only about $1 million less that Marvel's The Avengers entire Foreign gross.
Yeah...

Then there's Mad Max: Fury Road - which my wife wanted to see.
Now wait a minute, before you get all uppity about the "feministic appeal" aspect of the film, you should know...
 ...my wife had a poster of The Road Warrior on the wall of her dorm room back in '89 when we were dating.
So yeah...she's been a fan of the franchise for a while.
Now me, I liked The Road Warrior the best of the bunch, until I saw this one. I kept looking for the Mel Gibson cameo, but I had no idea that the Big Bad with the Bane-like mask was the same actor who played Toecutter in the original Mad Max. And speaking of Bane,
he said more in the movie than I thought he would. And at one time, he sounded like Bane.
Charlize Theron was a monster in this film...
...well, not like that...
...like that!
I also didn't know that Stryker from Days of Future Past was in it, Angel and Hank from X-Men: First Class were in it, 
or that Utu-Noranti Pralatong from Farscape was in it.
Financially speaking, Fury Road's doing pretty well. It's made $280.9 million worldwide, which is well above the $150 million price tag...and over $244 million more than Beyond Thunderdome - the next biggest moneymaker of the franchise (which shows how much movies have changed since the 1980's).
Have a good week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment