Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday Movie Roundup...6/15/2015

Morning Pepe...
Well, I'm a little disappointed.
Worldwide, Avengers: Age of Ultron is only at roughly $1.355 billion - which is still about $164 million less that the first Avengers film. 
I know Scott, it just doesn't make sense...maybe it's all the other cool movies out this summer:
$511.8 million...
 ...$307.8 million...
... and $322.7 million.
I mean yeah, it's a good summer for movies, but disaster movies? I would have thought that genre was out of style.
Okay, okay...I was wrong.
Really though, $1.3 billion is nothing to sneeze at. So I'll take it.
As for Ant-Man, I'm going to do a little predicting. 
In terms of worldwide numbers, I expect this film (out July 17th by the way) to land somewhere between Thor ($449.3 million) and Captain America: The First Avenger ($370.6 million). Again - I'm talking worldwide numbers at the end of the film's run. As much as I love the character, I'd be surprised if this film raked in as much as Jurassic World...opening weekend or final tally. In fact, if Ant-Man breaks $500 million worldwide, I expect Marvel Studios to get rid of their contract with Netflix and give EVERY character their own film starting with Squirrel Girl: Going Nuts
Seriously.
Have a good week everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment