Sunday, May 19, 2013

Speaking of which...

...let me submit my First Impression about the trailer:

The premise seems to be about a new "recruit" learning about S.H.I.E.L.D. as she joins the team,
which - by the way - is a "bottled up" representation of the entire organization. This reminds me of another version of S.H.I.E.L.D. from my youth...
...which is fine. But now we must talk about the elephant in the room:
How the heck does he live?

My answer? Remember in The Avengers when we see Coulson heading to a door that requires a retina scan? We thought he was accessing the weapons room where he got the gun based on the Destroyer technology. In actuality, he was accessing the LMD room...which all Level 7 agents have access to, and Fury kept secret from not just the Avengers but all non-Level 7 personnel.

So the Coulson Loki killed in the movie was really the LMD. 

The only other possibility I can think of is that Coulson accessed the LMD room and activated his LMD to take his place upon his death. Fury would still have known this, and kept secret from all non-Level 7 personnel. 

Which means that Loki did in fact kill Coulson, and the LMD is running the show...literally.

Then there's the other rumor started by the trailer...
...where Luke Cage is the first Marvel hero to appear on the show.

See, here's my fear: not only will the agents have...well, not generic names, but "non-canonical" names like Clay Quartermain and Alexander Pierce...but that the "character of the week" will also be a knock-off version of true Marvel characters.

And as much as I don't want that to happen, that's the feeling I get when I see this guy.

Everyone's saying that the man saving that woman from the burning building is Luke Cage, but Luke Cage got his powers while in prison, and I think this actor is simply too young to play that character.

Now, it's possible that he's just a young Luke Cage, but for someone that young to have powers like that, he'd have to be a mutant...

...and I don't think ABC/Disney/Marvel Studios can use that word.

So we'll see what's released throughout the Summer (and yes, I truly believe we've only seen the first of many trailers to come) to either prove or disprove my theories.

I did warn you about this show though...did I not?

Joss may be Boss, but In Marvel Studios I Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment