Wednesday, April 18, 2012

SPOILERS...

They're really tricky thing, those spoilers.

Like the "Big Red Button Begging To Be Pressed", you know you shouldn't...but really, really want to.


The trick, I have learned, is not to follow Nancy Reagan's advice regarding drugs and "Just Say No".

It's to follow the same sage advice that comes with alcohol: "Know when to say when".

Case in point - There's new spoilers about the Avengers film.

Spoilers about the villainous army the team fights against.

I've said before that I believe that the identity of said army was the big draw of the film, meaning that everyone knows the heroes team up, knows they look great as a team and knows that they'll eventually win.

What we don't know is exactly who - aside from Loki - they'll be fighting against.

And it's that secret (along with which character dies and the circumstances surrounding that event) that I want to keep a mystery until 12:01 am May 4th.

Other movies coming out this summer also have potential spoilers...

* Will Mary Jane stop by the house telling Peter he hit the Jackpot?

* Will Bane's dialogue come with subtitles?

* Will Deep Six, Torpedo and Gung-Ho join the team?

* Will Abraham Lincoln learn that "Unmentionables" existed at the "turn" of the nineteenth century?

* Is Stallone directing an R-rated or PG13-rated film?

All of these interest me, and knowing the answers ahead of time won't affect my viewing pleasure.

But for some reason, Avengers is my line in the sand.

I don't want to know. I'm afraid to know. I'm afraid that if I do know, I won't like it. I'm afraid that if I do know, I will like it.

It's like tearing a small hole in the wrapping paper, and not being able to open the present for another 16 days...give or take.

I need a distraction. Think I'll re-watch my Marvel Studios DVD's and Blu-rays...again.

In Marvel Studios I Trust


No comments:

Post a Comment