Thursday, April 26, 2012

MST3K vs. RiffTrax


I confess, I know very little about MST3K due to the fact that I've only seen one full episode of the show.

I get the premise, and think that's hilarious, but for me that draw isn't the humor - it's the movie upon which the humor is unleashed.

File:Forbiddenplanetposter.jpg

Forbidden Planet was a film I had heard about, plus I knew something about the famous robot. So when I heard that there was an episode of MST3K with this film, I sat down and watched it.

Very...very...funny.

I want to say I was hooked, but when I saw another episode about some other terrible movie I had never heard of, I found it...unfunny.

I learned that I needed to have at least a passing interest in the film of choice before I committed myself to listening to these guys poke fun at it.

Then along came RiffTrax...

Now these guys are doing the same thing only to recent movies or films that they never got to during the 10 seasons of MST3K. The one down side is that I have to pay up to $3.99 per movie.

To my knowledge, they haven't gotten to classic television gold like the original Captain America tele-films or episodes of Wonder Woman.

    File:Wwlogotv.jpg

Heck, I'd even watch classic Incredible Hulk and The Amazing Spider-Man episodes.

File:TIHcredits.jpg   File:SpideyTitle.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment